Sponsored by:

Looking for feedback on G63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB CLK Black Series
Looking for feedback on G63

All. I've been a MB owner since 2003, started off with 03 SL55' then 06 SL65 and now own a 08 CLKBS. (Ives owned 97 TTS as well) I've always loved and gravitated towards the G55 for as long as I can remember, but wifey thought it was too austintatious, so I never pulled the trigger on one. Now that two of our 4 kids have graduated from college and the economy has treated us all well, I'm in a better position to make a strong argument on purchasing a new G63 and keep the BS. This would be a weekend car with the occasional weekend end long trip get away.

So my question is this, given it's not a DD for me, what is your comments and experiences that you can share with me for those of you that drive your G63 as DD or weekend car. Currently, my wife's only concern is the ride will be too harsh and not comfortable. Although she's comparing the ride to a 2013 Toyota Sequioua, which is my company car.

I'm also thinking I'll never end up driving my BS and it might not be worth keeping it and taking up garage space.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Todd
Old 11-19-2013, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G 63 AMG
My G63 is a daily driver...I have an Aston V8V as my weekend car. Our roads in Dubai are not as rough as NorCal, but I used to own a G500 when I lived in the Bay Area and didn't find it too uncomfortable. The G63 is more comfortable than the G55, but will not be as squishy as your Sequoia.

As a daily driver I love my G63. Great visibility, radar cruise control, ventilated seats, easy to park, great for carrying lots of stuff, and always-on power for acceleration at any speed...oh and the sound!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 G63
G63 Daily Driver

My G63 is my 6th G and I am finding that I drive if far more than any other G. In fact, my 2005 G55 that I traded in April for the G63, only had 22K miles over 8-years ownership. My G63 will turn 7K miles in only 8-months!

Yes the ride comfort is not nearly as good as in my S63 but my wife accepts it at the level it is and does not object. It is good enough that she can do crossword puzzels while we travel, something she had difficulty with in some of the former "G's."

Distronic Plus makes long trips much more pleasurable including our farthest from Phila to Portland, ME in June.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB CLK Black Series
Thank you for the feedback. Seems as if the common thread with the newest generation, is, the ride quality has improved, which is exactly the type of feedback I was looking and hoping for. Really appreciate the responses. Any other responses would be appreciated as well.

I'll update the thread when and if I pull the trigger.
Thanks. Todd