G55 AMG (W463) Discuss the G55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it possible to get aftermarket xenons for the G55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55
is it possible to get aftermarket xenons for the G55?

i love the G55, but i hate the fact it is a 90k car and comes with halogen headlights. is there a way to get xenons for the car and if so, from where? i would prefer a whole new xenon headlight system, but if that is not available, does anyone know of xenon bulbs that are compatible with the G's stock headlight system and wouldn't cause any problems. please get back to me with any info. thanks.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:14 PM

2013 G 63 AMG
AMG and several other tuners offer AMG headlight upgrades for the G-Class. The problem is that most of these upgrades consist only of low beams and require you to add additional lamps as high beams. From what I've seen, all these upgrades are not legal in the EU or US, and were designed primarily for Russia and Asia where the G-Class is very popular. Check out ART Tuning's lighting solutions:

http://www.art-tuning.com/english/index_e.htm

The other problem is that new laws in the US make it basically illegal to add Xenon headlights to a vehicle that was not designed to use them. There was a good H4 Hi/Lo Xenon upgrade offered that worked in the G-Class, but it is no longer imported to the US because of these strict new laws. See if you can get a set from outside the US.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
.........My bixenons are finally in. They are as bright as hell. Well if hell is bright. The xenons were purchased from art-tunning in germany through ORC. I will not recommend this job for the fain hearted. It is much more complicated than advertised. You also have to activate the xenons via the Star program ortherwise they will not work.

Ted
Old 01-12-2004, 09:26 PM

2013 G 63 AMG
Please post pictures and details of exactly which set of lights you got.