Sponsored by:

Carbon ceramic brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 10:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
Carbon ceramic brakes

Anybody have any info on adding carbon ceramic rotors or system to a g63 or g55? I know its been done before, but wondering what parts are used. The extra power would be good, but also the benefits of much much less brake dust and longer lasting pads would be great. I literally have to clean my front wheels everyday. Ideally, a rotor and pad kit would be the right choice, but im not very well versed in the intricacies of compatibility.

Also, what about a larger caliper for the rear axle? While the stock caliper is red, it is small and looks like a piece is missing. I assume a brembo GT caliper could be bolted on to match the size of the front (see picture)
Attached Thumbnails Carbon ceramic brakes-image.jpg  
Old 08-21-2015, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
Subject to spindle identification CCM rotor kits can be built. As of now Racingbrake offers the most complete CCM brake upgrade for Mercedes: C63, E63, S and ML series including the latest release for GT-S:

CCM Brakes for GT-S:

https://mbworld.org/forums/amg-gt-gt...akes-gt-s.html

See our complete offer of CCM brakes for Mercedes:
http://www.racingbrake.com/C63-AMG-C...AMG-s/7219.htm

The front 6-pot caliper looks like same as E63, the rear is a floating type caliper and is indeed very small, but before upgrading to fixed piston like E63 rear we need to check if G63 has the rear drum for emergency braking, if so then the rear 4-pot calipers kit can be built.

Since you are local to us, you can bring your G63 to our shop so we can take a look on spindles for making the CCM brake kits.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 08-21-2015 at 08:28 AM.