HELP! Water pond at left hand footwell on my G55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55, SL55
HELP! Water pond at left hand footwell on my G55

Hi guys,

It's been raining like crazy today and I thought I heard something strange when I park. I heard exactly like a water flowing sound underneath my seat. Once I parked, I look under the carpet and found that the carpet is completely wet. Not only that. There's like a whole tank of water inside... .strangely its only on the left side.

I found that I lost one of the black round rubber cover that covers platform and realised there's a pond of water inside.

Anyone experience or heard of anything like that on the G Class?

Appreciate any response.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E300 4Matic, 2006 C180 Kompressor, 2007 S550 AMG Package
The only thing I could think of is sunroof drain pipes, check they are not blocked.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
(For Sale 03 G55), 08 G55K, 99 C43, 04 E55, 05 E63, 91 BMW E30, 05 BMW M3, 05 Audi USP Avant
+1 on Sunroof drains, but also check your roof mount antenna housing, if its cracked or dry that can do it as well. But also check the second drains that go all the way down, so when you fish the line through make sure you see it on the other end.
Not only can the drains be clogged they can be ripped or brittle and broken.
After you think you cleared them out, have someone help you and pour water out of a pitcher into the top and make sure it drains from underneath the truck, and or if if doesnt see where its coming from exactly. Use a chamois and line the carpet with some garbage bags to keep from getting it more wet.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:04 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
I had it happen to mine. After many trial fixes, it turned out to be very simple. At the base of your windshield wipers, flip the hinged cover back towards you, then there is nut with a metal washer and a rubber washer under that providing the seal to the painted body surface. That nut comes loose over time and water runs down the windshield, into that area and down in the footwell. Almost positive that is your problem. before you simply tighten it, double;e check your rubber washers too on both sides to be sure they haven't dried and cracked over time.

Also, when tightening it, you may want to put a drop of Blue Thread Lock on to be sure it doesn't vibrate loose again.

Good luck!