Sponsored by:

Great spot for your phone or small storage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
Great spot for your phone or small storage

Hey guys, so I have had my G for about 10 days now, I absolutely love it. I originally was planning on putting my phone in the side door pocket while driving so its out of the way, however when i turn or even drive straight, the phone kinda moves around in the door pocket and does not stay upright. It is also hard to grab when I am sitting at a red light. I can hear it sliding around so that wasnt as good of a spot for it as I expected.

Anyway I then put it next to the E brake and it held in place pretty good, then I got to thinking if I was able to find a small rubber insert to wedge between the E brake and the console, it would look stock and prevent anything slipping through the bottom and onto the floor, also give me a little more storage.

So I buy this one on Amazon for $8 and it FITS PERFECT! The crappy strip of 3M tape peels right off the back, so its smooth and there is no residue. It fits right between the E brake and the console with no rubbing or chance of scuffing anything, my iphone 6S+ fits in there perfect, doesnt slit around and even has some more room in there for loose change, or whatever else I want to put in there.

Just thought I would share my findings, its here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you see most of these things are hideous and about 2 feet long, they are really designed to wedge between the seat to avoid stuff falling under the seat.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:06 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
(For Sale 03 G55), 08 G55K, 99 C43, 04 E55, 05 E63, 91 BMW E30, 05 BMW M3, 05 Audi USP Avant
Nice find, however since our Gs well at least mine, the NAV is archaic, I found this to be amazing and perfect to say the least. My phone screen is visible, the NAV on my phone is visible, when a call comes in i choose to take it or not by simply looking forward, eyes never off the road. I put this is clip on all my cars and the magnet piece just attaches to my phone. I ended up buying a bunch more for family. I highly recommend this, its a game changer hands down, eyes on the road and vents still blow. I placed mine to the right of my steering wheel and its never failed me or ever even slipped an inch in any direction.=)

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Magnetic...&keywords=mpow