RUST PROOFING? 2013 G63 - CANADA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C63 AMG
RUST PROOFING? 2013 G63 - CANADA

Hi everyone,

I know Mercedes-Benz now a days comes with rust proofing treatment, but I'll still like to get my Gwagon rust proofed.

I am in Canada and we have a lot of snow + road salt in the winter months. I plan on driving the wagon in the winter here.

The reason why I want this done, was that I just had warranty work done on all my existing door hinges, they were all rusting already.

Was thinking of taking it to Krown Oil and have it sprayed (no drilling of panels).

What's your thoughts on this? Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

- Gord
Old 11-16-2017, 10:13 AM
haa

Received 183 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by gsu007
Hi everyone,

I know Mercedes-Benz now a days comes with rust proofing treatment, but I'll still like to get my Gwagon rust proofed.

I am in Canada and we have a lot of snow + road salt in the winter months. I plan on driving the wagon in the winter here.

The reason why I want this done, was that I just had warranty work done on all my existing door hinges, they were all rusting already.

Was thinking of taking it to Krown Oil and have it sprayed (no drilling of panels).

What's your thoughts on this? Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

- Gord
The problem with the rusting on the G is that it occurs in areas that cannot be rust proofed. The areas I have found to be most troubling are: (Inside the windshield rubber seal, along the bottom of the side window and the windows slide guides, at the drill holes of the lower door protective moldings and inside the rubber seal of the top of the rear door). Rusting on the bottom of the G is almost never an issue.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by haa
The problem with the rusting on the G is that it occurs in areas that cannot be rust proofed. The areas I have found to be most troubling are: (Inside the windshield rubber seal, along the bottom of the side window and the windows slide guides, at the drill holes of the lower door protective moldings and inside the rubber seal of the top of the rear door). Rusting on the bottom of the G is almost never an issue.
thank you, you are right, my wagon just had warranty work done around the windshield and rear windows...

i will be putting full paint protection film on the front end ... but the rear window's inner pane was also an issue not sure how to prevent that