Sponsored by:

G63 Exhaust Modifcations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63 Exhaust Modifcations

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I posted but finally nice to be back in the MB family. I've recently picked up a 2015 G63 and wanted some advice to open up the soundtrack. I've come from an SVR so I find the G63 is very quiet compared to that!

I'd rather not go down the route of a Akrapovic/Brabus full blown system, instead would like to know what a decent exhaust fabricator can do with the existing pipework. I can't seem to find a diagram anywhere on the internet so not sure what the system looks like from the block and not sure how much work is involved to remove secondary cats etc.

Much appreciated!
Old 10-04-2020, 07:55 AM

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
G63, G65
I haven't tried this system, but for the price it's a pretty simple solution that should sound pretty good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Be...s/113436738495

Alternatively you could buy your own valved mufflers and have someone make a custom exhaust for you. I don't know that it would be cheaper than this set up though.

If you are wanting to remove the cats you will need a catless downpipe, but you are going to have to get some custom tuning done to get the CEL to go away. I've run a valved muffler and no cats as well as a valved muffler with cats. Without cats sounds great, but it stinks due to the lack of cat. The one with cats and valved muffler sounded almost as good though, and no smell from the lack of cats.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:25 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Car
Originally Posted by G Unit
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I posted but finally nice to be back in the MB family. I've recently picked up a 2015 G63 and wanted some advice to open up the soundtrack. I've come from an SVR so I find the G63 is very quiet compared to that!

I'd rather not go down the route of a Akrapovic/Brabus full blown system, instead would like to know what a decent exhaust fabricator can do with the existing pipework. I can't seem to find a diagram anywhere on the internet so not sure what the system looks like from the block and not sure how much work is involved to remove secondary cats etc.

Much appreciated!

Hello,

Try this. We love the sound

https://www.463industries.com/access...st-for-g-wagon

Thank you!