Front Wiper Motor is Loose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 G55 AMG
Front Wiper Motor is Loose

Hello,
Newbie to the forum. I have a 2007 G55 AMG with 71k. During our recent massive rains, the front wipers stopped working in the open position. I moved the wiper arms to get them unstuck and it worked. But now the blades do not travel the entire path and hit the windshield seal at the bottom.
So I checked under the hood and noticed that at one of the motor mounting bolts is gone and the motor is loose. There is also a missing nut on the bracket surrounding the motor.
My question is about how to access the mounting bolts to tighten the remaining ones and replace the missing one. It appears that they mount from the 'inside'. Would I remove the bracket and the plate the motor mounts to, in order to gain access? Anything to watch out for if I do that? I am guessing that there is a ball joint to operate the arms on the inside.
I searched desperately for some kind of schematic and watched the one and only video to replace the wiper motor online that I could find and of course the person skips right over the removal details and reinstallation as well. Not super helpful.
Hoping one of you might have the info I am looking for.
Note nut missing on the left side of the bracket and missing bolt on top left side of the motor. May need to scroll on the image to see.
Thank you in advance.
Cheers

Last edited by bobomoto1; 01-19-2023 at 04:14 PM.