Sponsored by:

cranks but doesn’t start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011. g55amg
cranks but doesn’t start

Hi Everyone, I have a problem with my g55 amg, 54000miles. The car has no problem with cranking but it will not start. Before the car has no problem starting but when the problem arises, I just let it sit for a few minutes and then start the car and it would go. But now, it only cranks. No warning on check engine light. New parts have been replaced: crankshaft position sensor, fuel filter and fuel pump. Just want to see if this is one the common problems w/g wagon. Any inputs, greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kjgwie; 04-07-2023 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 01:56 PM

Received 449 Likes on 273 Posts
2005 G55K
Not really a common issue.

The 3 parts you have replaced would be my first guesses.

Next steps would be to check for any CELs, and then check that you're getting spark. Maybe check that the ignition coils are getting power?
The following users liked this post:
Cosmas (06-22-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 10:44 AM

w463 G55 amg
Originally Posted by kjgwie
Hi Everyone, I have a problem with my g55 amg, 54000miles. The car has no problem with cranking but it will not start. Before the car has no problem starting but when the problem arises, I just let it sit for a few minutes and then start the car and it would go. But now, it only cranks. No warning on check engine light. New parts have been replaced: crankshaft position sensor, fuel filter and fuel pump. Just want to see if this is one the common problems w/g wagon. Any inputs, greatly appreciated.
My case is pretty smilar to yours, go do a fuel pressure test and see the if the pressure lost after the vehicle sitting for a while, if it does, maybe you need to replace the pressure valve, part no 2304760332
Regards
Old 12-01-2023, 09:58 PM

Mercedes E55 AMG
Hi bro usually crank and CAM shaft sensors needs to be replaced. Also side note, try making sure you fully charge the battery and see if that works also. You can take that battery and have it charged at autozone/oreily free. Just some soft suggestions if your still having problems. After replacing cam shaft sensor and still not starting, you definitely might have a fuel line problem. You hear a fuel line noise usually when putting the key on 2 position, try doing that a few times to let it soak up? Best of luck bro.