2020 G63 Error Messages and Loss of Power While Driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63 AMG 2020
2020 G63 Error Messages and Loss of Power While Driving

Hi all,

I have a question about my 2020 G63 (37k miles). Ever since I got it, it’s been having issues.

At first, my dash would light up with multiple warning messages when I tried to turn on my car. The car would not start and would display messages to include SRS malfunction, front/rear differential lock system malfunction, high beam assist inoperative, blind spot assist inoperative, ABS and traction control inoperative, and active distance assist inoperative. I would say it would happen once or twice a month. After switching it on and off a few times, the messages would clear and I would be able to drive it. However, there were three instances where it needed to be towed into the dealership. At this time, they removed the seats to check all wiring and I was told they replaced a computer.

Earlier this week, I was driving and suddenly had all these same error messages pop up, my car lurched forward, and I lost power. I coasted to the side of the road, turned the car on and off, and it came back without any messages and was drivable. I brought it to the dealership. They told me it was a bad battery and replaced it. This has never happened to me while I was driving before, only while I was parked.

Does this sound like a battery issue? So far it hasn’t happened again in the 3 days since my battery was replaced, but I’m worried my car is a potential lemon.

Thank you for any insight.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:23 AM

Received 111 Likes on 93 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
Any update to what the issue and solution was?