Dealers who provide best pricing for MB extended warantees

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2023, 03:34 PM
SLS

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
1998 Land Cruiser, 2003 SL500, 2024 G63
Dealers who provide best pricing for MB extended warantees

So reading the various websites, Reddit, threads, etc. it’s been stated that some dealers will offer say a 20% discount on the extended warranty while not on the maintenance contract, as there isn’t wiggle room there.

The dealer I purchased from was asking around $9k for the 3 year/75,000 warrantee extension. Other dealers seem to be MSRPing this for around $7k. So if I could find one for around $5,400 that would be nice.

FYI: I’ve been told that this warrantee can be purchased at any time, as long as it’s prior to warrantee expiration in four years. Of course, the price could go up each year. So buying sooner rather than later seems like a good idea, even factoring in the lost opportunity cost of the investment. Also, that the warrantee is fully refundable, so if you sell the vehicle and the new owner doesn’t wish to pay for the extended warrantee, you could get it refunded, befor you sell the vehicle. So this seems like a win win.

If anyone has a source for purchasing the warrantee at a decent price, would you post here or PM me please.
Old 12-29-2023, 08:33 PM

Received 107 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
My dealer sells at MSRP only.

The dealer out of state I used to buy at 20-30% off has a new policy to only sell to in-state customers (Washington).

I'd try to ask your F&I Manager that you know there is wiggle room and ask if he can take the price down.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:42 AM
SLS

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
1998 Land Cruiser, 2003 SL500, 2024 G63
Originally Posted by Chedman13
My dealer sells at MSRP only.

The dealer out of state I used to buy at 20-30% off has a new policy to only sell to in-state customers (Washington).

I'd try to ask your F&I Manager that you know there is wiggle room and ask if he can take the price down.
I was able to get a price of $6,700 for a 3-year/75,000-mile warranty extension from my local dealer. They said that was the employee price.