Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 g63
2020 g63 Loss of mid-top end power

I have 2020 g63
Renntech tune.. now reflashed to stock
Renntech blow off valves
bmc Air filters
fabspeed exhaust.

i recently got it back from a battery replacement and some modules were replaced due to a leaking sunroof that flooded the battery and shorted some things

they installed everything and reset the car, today they scanned the car and no issues came up
i Know there is a bulletin for 2019-2020 g63 for winter gas mix and loss of power

basically it pulls reasonably strong but does not over 350-375hp, can figure out why it isn’t unleashing the full amount. The dealership is confused as well.
I am going to take the blow off valves off and see if that’s the issue

but it seems something is holding it back

has anyone had any issues like this our could help me brainstorm on what the problem is

I have my winter/beach wheels and tires on it’s a beast on the sand. Also have Baja design floods
?v
Old 03-04-2024, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 G63
Originally Posted by Mtarshi7777
I have 2020 g63
Renntech tune.. now reflashed to stock
Renntech blow off valves
bmc Air filters
fabspeed exhaust.

i recently got it back from a battery replacement and some modules were replaced due to a leaking sunroof that flooded the battery and shorted some things

they installed everything and reset the car, today they scanned the car and no issues came up
i Know there is a bulletin for 2019-2020 g63 for winter gas mix and loss of power

basically it pulls reasonably strong but does not over 350-375hp, can figure out why it isn’t unleashing the full amount. The dealership is confused as well.
I am going to take the blow off valves off and see if that’s the issue

but it seems something is holding it back

has anyone had any issues like this our could help me brainstorm on what the problem is

I have my winter/beach wheels and tires on it’s a beast on the sand. Also have Baja design floods
?v
Omg😳, I thought my black with red leather was 💣…but this cole with the black is so dope. I have a 2019, hope I don’t encounter these issues. Good luck on getting yours sorted out, please keep us posted.
Old 03-04-2024, 01:02 PM

Received 107 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
Renntech BOV - I'd leave this on, this won't have any effect that I can think of.
BMC Air filters - I'd swap these out for OEM. Not a huge fan of oiled filters and there are some reports (Google it) that BMC filters disintegrate and can get clogged in the engine. Not worth it in my opinion.
Fabspeed Exhaust - I've heard of someone installing an aftermarket exhaust (Akrapovič) and having a loss of power as you mentioned. I'm not quite sure why this is - you want to lose back pressure for turbos and the freer flowing, the more HP.

There also was an emissions update that updated all the software, including the OEM tune. Was that done around the same time (the recall)?

I'd say unplug the negative battery cord for 30 minutes or more, then re-connect it and drive it around for a few weeks how you like to drive - I'm wondering if the ECU will re-learn your driving habits and get you your power back.

That's all I can think of other than having a coding/tuning genius to analyze your log files.