Opinion welcome: 2024 Cayenne Turbo vs 2025 g63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 02:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
NA
Opinion welcome: 2024 Cayenne Turbo vs 2025 g63

Hi all,

- I intended to post the question here but post on the g class board. Tried to delete the other post, but can’t find the option. Sorry if you look at my duplicate post.

I am pretty new to this forum. I have been debating between buying a Porsche Cayenne Turbo and a MB g63. I like the new Cayenne based on the technology and PHEV for better gas consumption, however, I like the new G for the masculine design, comfort and the resale value.

I test drove a few 2024 Cayenne but haven’t have a chance to test drive a g class. Most around my area doesn’t allow to test drive.

so I am trying to listen to enthusiasts opinion:
1) Why did you pick Porsche over other cars before?
2) How would you, best if you have both (Cayenne and g class), compare the 2?

thanks
Old 04-13-2024, 12:32 AM

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
GLC AMG 63
Originally Posted by bimmer96
Hi all,

- I intended to post the question here but post on the g class board. Tried to delete the other post, but can’t find the option. Sorry if you look at my duplicate post.

I am pretty new to this forum. I have been debating between buying a Porsche Cayenne Turbo and a MB g63. I like the new Cayenne based on the technology and PHEV for better gas consumption, however, I like the new G for the masculine design, comfort and the resale value.

I test drove a few 2024 Cayenne but haven’t have a chance to test drive a g class. Most around my area doesn’t allow to test drive.

thanks
I wouldn’t add these two vehicles in the same class. Cayenne’s are a dime a dozen in my view and I’m a big Porsche guy. I only buy Porsche GT cars, and Porsche for me it’s about the 911’s vs the SUV’s. G63’s you know what it is when see it vs all the Cayenne trims, and at these price point not sure gas is considered an issue. Cayenne’s in a year or so you will lose your shorts if that’s your concern. Good luck with your choice. Spring time is here and the Porsche comes out tomorrow and the rest are just soccer mom cars from Porsche.😎

The following 2 users liked this post by Maverick787:
hpizking (05-04-2024), sjp3003 (04-13-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 07:23 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2022 G63, 2023 GLA 45S
Hi all,....

thanks
In terms of pure driving performance, the Cayenne drives way better in curves and overall on asphalt. It is more practical too (ingress and egress, parking, touchscreen, way more efficient fuel consumption) and offers a pano roof option. It is more quiet as well, both in terms of engine music (I won't say engine noise) and isolation from wind noise, especially if specced with isolating glass. And the slanted front windshield is less susceptible to direct rock impacts than the G63's vertical debris collector.

So, why do I drive a G63? It is a unique driving experience and iconic design, just like like you might want to ride Harley instead of a more agile Ducati. The G63 is taller...you climb up and down into and out of it and provides a more commanding outward view. The engine is a V8 gem (my 3rd AMG V8) with a menacing snarl. AMG's dynamic, massaging seats are unique and the suspension soaks up bumps incredibly well. I spend weekends at a rural beach and have no reservations using it on rocky dirt roads.

Just like @Maverick787 I have a P car in the garage too (GT3 Touring) for truly sporting drives and occasional track days. And we have more sensible sport SUVs (hers is a super-specced Macan GTS, mine is a GLA 45S). While these will leave the G63 in the dust on twisties, neither one provides the visceral experience of the G63.

The Cayenne is a rational choice I never even considered. If you are happy making choices listening to parts of your body south of your brain, then the G63 is a no regrets option.

Last edited by sjp3003; 04-13-2024 at 07:47 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sjp3003:
Maverick787 (04-13-2024), MCMiami (07-05-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 07:42 AM

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
GLC AMG 63
Originally Posted by sjp3003
In terms of pure driving performance, the Cayenne drives way better in curves and overall on asphalt. It is more practical too (ingress and egress, parking, touchscreen, way more efficient fuel consumption) and offers a pano roof option. It is more quiet as well, both in terms of engine music (I won't say engine noise) and isolation from wind noise, especially if specced with isolating glass. And the slanted front windshield is less susceptible to direct rock impacts than the G63's vertical debris collector.

So, why do I drive a G63? It is a unique driving experience and iconic design, just like like you might want to ride Harley sometimes instead of a more agile Ducati. The G63 is taller...you climb up and down into and out of it and provides a more commanding outward view. The engine is a V8 gem (my 3rd AMG V8) with a menacing snarl. AMG's dynamic, massaging seats are unique and the suspension soaks up bumps incredibly well. I spend weekends at a rural beach and have no reservations using it on rocky dirt roads.

Just like @Maverick787 I have a P car in the garage too (GT3 Touring) for truly sporting drives and occasional track days. And we have more sensible sport SUVs (hers is a super-specced Macan GTS, mine is a GLA 45S). While these will leave the G63 in the dust on twisties, neither one provides the visceral experience of the G63.

The Cayenne is a rational choice I never even considered. If you are happy making choices listening to parts of your body south of your brain, then the G63 is a no regrets option.

‘Well said, and my soccer mom comment was ‘tongue in and cheek” I don’t have to commute so the G works for me personally. Love the touring, don’t sell it.
The following users liked this post:
sjp3003 (04-16-2024)
Old 04-20-2024, 08:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
NA
Hi everyone, thanks for your valuable feedback and it helps a lot. I have another question that might not related to this thread but then I don’t want to open another thread.

Does the 24 g63 have level 2 autonomous driving? I have seen on YouTube that the Porsche innodrive system works pretty well on the freeway. One of the local MB dealership has a ‘24 G63 and I think now the markup is bargainable. The L2 driving would be something I hope the G63 have in ‘25 if not in ‘24. Thanks for your input!
Old 06-10-2024, 05:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GTR
Hi everyone, thanks for your valuable feedback and it helps a lot. I have another question that might not related to this thread but then I don’t want to open another thread.

Does the 24 g63 have level 2 autonomous driving? I have seen on YouTube that the Porsche innodrive system works pretty well on the freeway. One of the local MB dealership has a ‘24 G63 and I think now the markup is bargainable. The L2 driving would be something I hope the G63 have in ‘25 if not in ‘24. Thanks for your input!
24 G63 has no autonomous driving - the 25s sound like a huge improvement compared to the 24 so not sure
Old 06-10-2024, 07:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,941 Likes on 3,103 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Cayenne far more comfort than G.

InnoDrive is good on clearly striped and signed roads, eg usually highways, but makes mistakes in suburban and urban areas where signage and striping are inconsistent.

24 Cayenne Turbo is a hybrid if that matters to you. 24 Cayenne Turbo GT is ICE, as is 23 Cayenne Turbo. 24 is the refresh .2 model, 23 and earlier is .1 original 9Y0 model.