General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Restoring a 1963 MB 300SL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Dodge Charger
Thumbs up Restoring a 1963 MB 300SL

I have a friend with a very good condition 1963 MB 300 SL roadster who is looking to restore it to pristine condition. It was purchased back in 1964 I believe, but has sat in a garage for the last 15 years or so. The interior needs to be completely redone, and I can only assume some mechanical work will be required as well given how long the car has sat. However, I'm told the body should be in excellent shape.

The car currently resides in Arizona, so a restoration site out there or in California would be ideal. The owner is aware that it will cost a few bucks to have this done properly, but he is looking for a trustworthy place to take it to with a good reputation for working on these kinds of vehicles.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for this? Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the owner of Mercedes Benz Oklahoma City has James Dean's or one of those famous actors from the era. You might call the dealer and see who handles his.