General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Looking for help - Looking at a 1981 300 CD Turbo Diesel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Toyota Corolla
Looking for help - Looking at a 1981 300 CD Turbo Diesel

Hi and thank you in advance for any help.

I would like to buy a 2 door MB coupe and I found a 1981 300cd Turbo Diesel with 55,000 original miles (or at least that is what they guy has listed). I am going to look at it tomorrow a few towns over from me and was looking for a little bit of heads up advice.

The car looks clean and it says it doesn't have any rust (I know where to look for that on these cars). The question I have is..Someone else on this board from another post said they didn't make a 81 with the turbo diesel and I am trying to see if that is true and the guy has it wrong. I have also seen on other posts here and at other similar forums this could be a very rare car so I am also trying to find out if that is true. The price seems very low compared to other cars in this 1981-1985 range so I am a little skiddish, but I just have to check it out. I see KBB doesn't have values of this year car and NADA says for the mileage it would be valued at around $12,000 for clean retail. Thoughts?

questions summed up

1. Is a 1981 300cd turbo diesel possible?
2. Could this model be rare?
3. What is the value of something like this?

Thanks again!

Jason