General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Advice needed on helping someone sell off their old Benz's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'91 560SEL '93 400SEL
Advice needed on helping someone sell off their old Benz's

So my Dad springs it on me today, literally a few minutes ago, that his friend is retiring and going to sell off his workshop property... and everything thereon. Well my Dad apparently agreed to help him in trying to find buyers for some of the larger objects, mostly machining equipment, but then there is the matter of the vehicles. His friend accumulated several vehicles over the course of time, always planning to get them running and never did, which partly consists of MB's... I don't have pictures or even exact notes as to what all there is, just the terrible notes my Dad made and handed to me, which is to say my Dad knows nothing about how to sell stuff via the internet. All I know from the notes at moment is that I'm dealing with the following:

• MB 280SE
  • MB 450SL
  • Some 50's looking MB Sedan (his notes actually state that, uhg!)
  • Some vandalized MB parked at the edge of the woods in poor condition.
I have only been to this location where these cars are at a few times and never really paid attention to the cars. But assuming theese are all 70's Vintage at newest, what would the recommended website be for advertising them on?
Old 03-11-2016, 12:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
67 Camino
Obviously this is a good place
If it were me take a very thorough video, cover everything. Everyone likes QUALITY pics.
Youtube gets great exposure, you could crosslink it with whatever site you think it may get some attention on. If you show all the good bad and the ugly first Im betting the ones who contacted you have a beter idea of what they are getting into and less time spent with tire kickers.
Dont write a bunch of salesperson fluff on the ad its a turnoff. Be straightforward and honest it will work in your favor.