General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

5 Mercedes That Will Run Forever

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

By Brett Foote

The following 2 users liked this post by Curated Content Editor:
pdqsailor1 (10-28-2022), shekmark (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1993 E300
I own a 1993 W124, low miles in excellent condition and it is a joy to drive... it is my second one the first being a 1988 model that was rear ended one evil night and totalled - but that cars structure and engineering saved our lives (my Wife and I were in the car when it was struck)... its not my FIRST encounter with the structure of a W124 either.. My MIL had an 88 300 CE that was sandwiched between a truck in front of it at a red light and a speeding fuel sized American car struck it from behind - she was fine and the car was fully restored at a MB dealership in Florida because it was less costly to fix the car than it was to write it off (it was new then)... Interesting recent story about MY car - it was just re-appraised by my classic car insurer and the value raised substantially because of its low miles and condition... Lovely LOVELY car.. Since this picture was taken I have added the updated MB rims to the car.. I have both sets.. This car has never been exposed to salt - stored in the winters.. It is like it rolled off the assembly line underneath, truly astounding example..
Old 06-04-2023, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Nice car's