General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Question about W126 all red tail light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 C126 500 SEC 1989 C126 560 SEC 2013 S212 E220
Question about W126 all red tail light

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this year so far?

had a question about tail lights on a w126 cars

has there ever been and official or aftermarket official, by known names (brabus, lorinser, and the likes) which is either completely red or at least doesn't have the orange reflector?

if so were they simply painted red or the actual dye in the plastic was Red?

reason is I've bought a set off eBay where the seller claimed they were rare red lens but when I received them they were just standard ones spray painted red.

Curious to know if there ever was actual ones that were all red or didn't have the orange. This will help my case as the seller is claiming he didn't con me or mislead me into thinking these are genuine rare lenses for w126.

thanks in advance.

Shu
Old 05-29-2018, 08:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
560SL
Nothing should be spray painted. I have an actual set if your still looking.
Please be aware, I learned this recently...some eBay sellers will swear up & down their parts are OEM, ORIG, however they word it
but they aren't. The ones I've found so far that do this claim if MB didn't manufacture it, someone had too. Well yes that's correct but MB had specific vendors they authorized. Example, Febi-Bilstien did brake hoses for MB, BOSCH ignition points & condensers & so on.
I will take a look & see what I have door your vehicle. My dad was an avid collector/restorer & I know I've got some lights for your vehicle.
Drop me a line if you need anything else, I'll go thru my latest book & bag of finds for you.
Regards
Ruth
The following users liked this post:
BenzBeauty (03-06-2019)
Old 05-29-2018, 08:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
560SL
<div style="text-align:left;">Nothing should be spray painted. I have an actual set if your still looking.<br />Please be aware, I learned this recently...some eBay sellers will swear up &amp; down their parts are OEM, ORIG, however they word it<br />but they aren't. The ones I've found so far that do this claim if MB didn't manufacture it, someone had too. Well yes that's correct but MB had specific vendors they authorized. Example, Febi-Bilstien did brake hoses for MB, BOSCH ignition points &amp; condensers &amp; so on.<br />I will take a look &amp; see what I have door your vehicle. My dad was an avid collector/restorer &amp; I know I've got some lights for your vehicle.<br />Drop me a line if you need anything else, I'll go thru my latest book &amp; bag of finds for you. <br />Regards<br />Ruth</div>