General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

What do I have here? (Pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1953 220
What do I have here? (Pic heavy)

Hi, guys and gals. A few months back I found an abandoned house (I'm an Unsafe and Abandoned building inspector) and inside the old garage were two cars. I believe a 1953 220 hardtop and a 1963/64 220 hardtop sedan. They're pretty rough, with the 53 being in way better condition than the 63.

Fast forward to yesterday. I met with the new property owner, who is rehabbing the house. He tore the garage down, but left the cars. I asked him what he's doing with them, and he said he just wants them gone. Said I can have them, as he has no more time or money for cars.

I can totally flatbed them out of there, but I'm wondering what of cash I can make off of these in their present condition or maybe cleaned up as good as I can. I'd love to keep the 53, but I'm about to have my second child in a few months, so my money is wrapped up tight.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
1962 190d w110
I might be interested in some spare parts from the 1964 for my 1962 190d, if you end up nabbing it. Sadly people don't really collect these cars (w110), so I doubt you would get that much. But I would say that it's worth a shot! Try out Craigslist. And let me know if you do end up rescuing the 1964 from the rust pile - I could use spare parts, especially heater core, radio, and the headlight switch.