General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Parts for a 71 280 SE 3.5L

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1971 280 SE 3.5 L Convertible
Parts for a 71 280 SE 3.5L

Can anyone tell me where the best places are to search for parts for my 1971 280 SE 3.5 L?
Old 05-29-2018, 08:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
560SL
What are you looking for? I've found several places in my recent journeys but they are specific to restoration, mechanical, interior, etc.
Been going thru my dads old parts & pieces trying to find someone who might need them. Believe me it's no easy task.
If you give me an idea of what you need or ?..I'll do my best to see if I can lead you in the right direction.
Give me your chassis # too.
Know i have some belts & ignition points, condendsor for your model, not sure of anything else but I'll double check.
To be honest, one of the best places I've found so far is eBay Motors. Be careful though...they try to word it so you believe you're getting OEM parts, I have a list that describes all OEM parts per car if other than MB, I'll send you a copy. My dad was a avid collector so I'll see just what he has specific to your model/year.

Regards,

Ruth