General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

LURKER'S Why Not Answer? YEAH YOU!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 09:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
560SL
LURKER'S Why Not Answer? YEAH YOU!

I'd like to know why so few of these advice postings go unanswered?
Its safe to say the knowledge deep within this forum is pretty spectacular. I know for a fact this is true because my dad was an avid collector & restorer, he too used to scan this forum, chat with other members & get his MB dose for the day.

Gear-heads y'all know your stuff, lend a hand & answer some of these questions when posted. Won't kill ya! You have a wealth of knowledge & it's a shame not to share it. How do you think the younger generation is going to keep these vintage models alive & kicking? They need your help or they wouldn't be asking.

For whatever it's worth, if you see a post & it's something you can lend a hand in clarifying, please do it. That's what these forums were intended for in the first place, sharing knowledge & so on.

Hope you're all having a splendid day & let's please keep this forum alive. By helping out your fellow enthusiasts we can make this forum the best MB resource out there.

Cheers
Ruth
The following 3 users liked this post by Hippy Scum:
HBguy (03-02-2019), JAMTOM (02-03-2019), NedNederlander (03-03-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190E, W114 280E
Originally Posted by Hippy Scum
I'd like to know why so few of these advice postings go unanswered?
Its safe to say the knowledge deep within this forum is pretty spectacular. I know for a fact this is true because my dad was an avid collector & restorer, he too used to scan this forum, chat with other members & get his MB dose for the day.

Gear-heads y'all know your stuff, lend a hand & answer some of these questions when posted. Won't kill ya! You have a wealth of knowledge & it's a shame not to share it. How do you think the younger generation is going to keep these vintage models alive & kicking? They need your help or they wouldn't be asking.

For whatever it's worth, if you see a post & it's something you can lend a hand in clarifying, please do it. That's what these forums were intended for in the first place, sharing knowledge & so on.

Hope you're all having a splendid day & let's please keep this forum alive. By helping out your fellow enthusiasts we can make this forum the best MB resource out there.

Cheers
Ruth
I know!, NOBODY is gettinvolved on this forum. Young guys are all on facebook and instagram I guess, I rarely use forums myself but the knowledge here is invaluable
Old 03-02-2019, 12:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 C250

Honestly, I enjoy reading some of these threads even though I don't own my vintage anymore. I try to share what I remember from the research I did bringing my car back to life. My guess is that other social media platforms have taken up their interests.