General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Biased view of certain journalists against MB's of yesteryears

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 05:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes C320 CDI
Biased view of certain journalists against MB's of yesteryears

Hi guys, being a hardcore MB fan, I am well aware of the brands incredible history and cars..however I am always in my spare time researching more into these classics and every now and again I come accross some vintage magazine reviews of say the 60s, 70s etc, since they are mainly british i cannot help but think they were biased towards british marques, they always seemed to speak very negative about the cars handling ride refinement etc, a shining example being the jaguar xj6..they absolutely found they're mojo with that car and used it as a weapon to bash MB whenever they found suitable even upto the W126 lol!!

So I would like to see what people with first hand experience with these cars think, because I don't exactly buy into what was said in the past by these journalists..like the other day another british website compared a rover P5 with a fintail 220 SE, and came out saying the rover was more refined and smoother??lol, i don't exactly think so...all in all after reading these so called review one is left with a somewhat sour outlook of the cars almost as if they weren't much good for anything except build quality, i cannot believe the cars were this poor especially from the golden era of MB.

Last edited by Merc23; 08-17-2021 at 05:55 AM.