Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Your Invited to the AMG Challenge!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Sport White on black
Your Invited to the AMG Challenge!

https://www.mbevents.com/welcome.asp

Invitation Code: 26497M
Dear Mercedes-Benz Enthusiast,

Imagine yourself behind the wheel of one of the finest high-performance vehicles in the world. Feel the scintillating redline surge of race-bred AMG Kompressor and supercharged V-8 engines as you rip up a world-class racetrack.

Here are some quick highlights of what you'll experience at our
2005 AMG Challenge:

The latest Mercedes-Benz AMG models including the all-new 2006 CLS55 and the Formula One-inspired SLK55
On-track experience developing your performance driving skills in our AMG vehicles Skidpad and brake control techniques
Classroom lessons from pro drivers to enhance your driving skills
Blood-pumping thrill rides with pro drivers

Here's your opportunity to make your imagination a reality. For a look at highlights from last year, click here.

The 2005 AMG Challenge is speeding across America — click here for dates and track locations. Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis, so be sure to register today by using invitation code 26497M and reserve a seat for yourself! If you have additional questions, please call 1-866-797-9671.

Only $1,195.00 (I would love to do it but my wife would kill me).
Old 03-09-2005, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
For $1100, I want to keep the car for a month.

Look at the track locations. Wisconsin?
Old 03-09-2005, 02:02 PM

At least a month. They boast and say that you have the opportunity to drive almost a million dollars worth of cars. I guess one method to save the 1200 bucks is to go to you local MBZ dealer and test drive a few AMG's. Just make sure you show up in a suite. Last time I visited the local MBZ dealership in a suit the little MBZ clones/lot attendants were all over me like flies. A lot different when I showed up in regular clothes. It seemed though I had some weird contagious disease
Old 03-09-2005, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
This event sells out every year.

When you break it down, $1195 is not bad for a full day on-track with pros providing you with driving instruction. Plus, you are driving their cars....their fuel/their tires/their brakes. Breakfast and lunch too

Think of it this way: It's MUCH cheaper than a 100+mph speeding ticket when you factor in fines, lost work time for court, attorney fees and insurance rate hikes!

I'll be at the Homestead AMG Challenge this year (my wedding present from my wife)
Old 03-09-2005, 05:50 PM

Good point! If you have the time and money then it is a bargain.

I remember at I love my MBZ event, I drove those S/E/SL and SLK classes like they were cheap rental cars.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... and when are you going to be able to afford to rent a race track, the liability insurance, etc. Maybe if you and 50 of your AMG friends got together it may become affordable.

Its a good deal overall.