Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Starmark Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 320
Starmark Warranty

I searched and read the forums various topics on extended warranties but still have a few questions.

I have a 2003 CLK320 with approx. 39,000 miles on it.

If I keep the car, I will need to have warranty coverage. My service advisor told me I can get a Starmark warranty, it will run about $3,500-$4,000 and that it must be purchased prior to my current warranty expiring at 50,000 miles.

Through reading some of the topics on here about warranties I get the impression the warranty had to be purchased within the first year of owning the car.

Will this warranty purchased through the dealer cover the electrical problems plaguing the recent CLKs? How similar is the Starmark warranty to the original 4yr/50,000 mile warranty?
Old 05-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Guest0001

OK hold on there...

First you can get the warranty but it wont be the MB warranty. They will give you an aftermarket warranty. And it wont cost that much. Probably 3000 MAX. Yes the MB warranty has to purchased within a year, so forget that option.

About issues being covered. There alot of deductables with the electricals so you will still have to open your wallet, errr purse! You have to do your own research as each independant warranty company has there own policies regarding what is covered.

If you want my opinion, looking at your problems Get rid of the car before the warranty runs out.

Good luck.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:07 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Imperial C320
OK hold on there...

First you can get the warranty but it wont be the MB warranty. They will give you an aftermarket warranty. And it wont cost that much. Probably 3000 MAX. Yes the MB warranty has to purchased within a year, so forget that option.

About issues being covered. There alot of deductables with the electricals so you will still have to open your wallet, errr purse! You have to do your own research as each independant warranty company has there own policies regarding what is covered.

If you want my opinion, looking at your problems Get rid of the car before the warranty runs out.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info. That's what I figured. Two more questions... if it's not an MB warranty but some random aftermarket company how can it be called "Starmark"? Who can I yell at for never telling me about the extended MB warranty? Neither my sales rep (during my purchase) nor my service advisor (near the end of my first year) mentioned an MB warranty at all. I had been in for service at least 3 times during that first year.

Old 05-19-2005, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
try calling Lisa Lehrbaum at Courtesy Motors (800) 655-3535 and see what she can get for you...she had an MB one that covered all the electricals on an S-class at 55,000 miles.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:39 PM
RDD

03 M3 coupe 6MT, 05 A6 (wife + kid's)
I just picked up an extended warranty for my 01 clk55 at the MB dealership near me. $2650 for 5yrs/60k miles and it covers everything from bumper to bumper except the navigation/COMAND system. My deductible is $50. It was a better warranty than the 2 or 3 other ones offered by the dealer I bought the car at and I know these guys personally (they weren't making any money off the warranties). When they saw the quote I got from MB they told me to go for it and they didn't have a better one.