Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Yet another MB "bad' service story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SS Brillant Silver
Yet another MB "bad' service story

Luckily its not my benz, but my boss' E500. Been making a roaring sound out of the tires. '05 with 20k on it. He's had it since Dec. In that time, it has been to the dealer 5 times for this problem that started around 8-10k and now back for a 6th. Each of the 5 previous times, they have balanced, rotated, and aligned the tires to no avail.

They've had it for 5 days now, and now, NOW, they say its the tires and he needs a new set of which they will cover 20% of the cost. Something about them cupping on the inside wall...you'll have to forgive, me I'm getting this info 2nd hand. They are also still trying to replace his power steering pump.

He's a lot more level headed than me, because I'd told them to "go outside, and get me the wheels/tires off that 500, and put them on my car".
Old 08-10-2005, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I dont know if I'd blame the dealer for this problem. I've gone through two or three different sets of tires by different manufacturers, and as the wear extends beyond 50%, many of them tend to howl, especially at low speeds. The OEM goodyear F1's were really bad in this regard.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Well on the "Bright" side, is that the problem is solved for now
Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Dunno...still hadn't pick the car up yet. His concern is spending a grand on tires, and 8-10k miles later being back in the same boat again.