Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

I saw a Carrera GT today on the road...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
I saw a Carrera GT today on the road...

I saw a Carrera GT today on the road. OMG

I heard it from about 100 yards away if not more, coming at me from the left, while I was waiting to cross a road and turn left. Never heard that sound before; I knew it had to be something special and I was wondering what it was ... then I saw it. (thank god that sound wasn't coming out of an asian car with a huge bondo'd on rear wing! that would have been a bummer) What an incredible piece of machinery. The time my eyes and ears could soak it in was way too short.

I wonder if it was Jerry Seinfeld driving it... (i think he still lives out here on the island, and I know he owns one). I have to doubt the local poorchee dealer would take one out for a test drive, if they have one. (I know the local Ford dealership isn't taking the Ford GT they have out for test drives... )
Old 10-04-2005, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 CL500 '08 ML320CDI
I ogled one at a "German Wings & Wheels" deal at Oshkosh, Wisconsin's EAA Museum and airport a few weeks ago. It's license plate read ENZO ETR... And it was parked next to a stunningly gorgeous '55 Gullwing!