Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

any good mechanics in Florida?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm driving a 2003 CL600 - love it.
any good mechanics in Florida?

I have a 2000 S500 and I live in Clearwater, Florida, just next to Tampa. I have a few things that I'd like taken care of in my car, and I generally would like to find a trustworthy mechanic that doesn't just swap old parts for new parts right away without looking too closely.

Anybody know of such a person in the area? I'd appreciate the help and I promise I won't take too much of his time.

To the dealers you are just a ticket. They smile while they rip you off.

Thanks,

Tangofrog
Old 10-25-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
Originally Posted by Tangofrog
I have a 2000 S500 and I live in Clearwater, Florida, just next to Tampa. I have a few things that I'd like taken care of in my car, and I generally would like to find a trustworthy mechanic that doesn't just swap old parts for new parts right away without looking too closely.

Anybody know of such a person in the area? I'd appreciate the help and I promise I won't take too much of his time.

To the dealers you are just a ticket. They smile while they rip you off.

Thanks,

Tangofrog
Not sure on indep. mech's in the Tampa/Clearwater area but MB of Tampa (service, not sales) used to be pretty good..I did have to go thru a few S.A.'s before I found one that listened though....

I actually bought one of my M.B.'s at Lokey but never took it there for service since I heard stories about them from the beginning...