Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

25 Years of Goodwill , Lost in Months.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Porsche Turbo Cabriolet
25 Years of Goodwill , Lost in Months.

I have been a Mercedes enthusiast for 25 years, and had converted my family to the marque.

Over the past two years we have encountered various assorted problems with the cars and when I tried to complain, nobody at Mercedes UK Head office would listen. The problems were either referred back to the Dealer,or ignored completely. All in all my estimate of my spend on new Cars with Mercedes benz over the past 25 years is £980,000.

I have now sold my 2004 SL55, my Wife's 2005 ML500 (164 series) , My Son's 2002 SL500 and my Daughters 2004 ML. I have replaced them with Porsche 911s and a pair of Cayennes.

Who cares at MB ?................ Nobody.

Who cares at Porsche ?........ Everybody.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
I hear you man, I'm so through with MB after this car goes out of warranty. I am 9 months from graduating college and provided I have a good job, 6 months after that and I'm buying something else, this car is gone. I am going to the shop this afternoon for the fourth time with the SAME vibration issue. I have dumped over $500 in tires, trying to solve a problem that has nothing to do with tires, at the dealer's request. I am so pissed right now!
Old 12-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I got the same treatment from Lexus. They could have not cared less about my problem. I was just as happy to get rid of my LS430. I just might consider a Porsche next time. Tony, how do you like the Cayennes?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Porsche Turbo Cabriolet
Originally Posted by can drive 55
Tony, how do you like the Cayennes?
The Cayenne S is very similar to the ML500 (164 series) in terms of performance and ride quality. The Luggage space is greater,and the overall feel is of greater interior space.

The Cayenne has an exceptional build quality and the controls are user friendly.

My biggest complaint about the ML was the Navigation system. Even though the system was DVD based it was very slow to respond,it did not have any facility for an auxiliary AV input from a DVD player. The rear headrests would not accept inbuilt Video screens either. Finally Mercedes Benz had decided to put limited data on for Points of interest. For example if you asked the system to find a Restaurant it would offer McDonalds,Burger King or Pizza Hut ! It is the same system as in the A class and C class. I think MB should have fitted the same system as the S class and SLs have.The Porsche system is far superior to any of the MB Navigation systems.

The depreciation should be less on the Cayenne too. In the UK Dealers are currently offering £3,000 ($5,4000) off the price of a ML500. This hit me hard as I paid list for my new one and sold it 8 weeks later just after the discounts started being given.

Our Daughter is delighted with her Cayenne as well as it is an even bigger improvement over her 163 series ML.