Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

ELITE service advisor program (need advise)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ELITE service advisor program (need advise)

Hello all,

A few months ago I began the process of the ELITE service advisor program. I have actually, within the last day or two completed all my requirements. Now my info is being sent to the dealer(s) that I chose at the start of this program for a potential face to face interview and possible career opportunity.
Once I get an offer, my dealer will send me to school in Chicago for one month.

I simply want to hear it from you all that are in and/or have been in a service advisor position for MB. I have tried to research but I seem to come up empty handed. Is it a good opportunity? Is it worth a potential relocation? Would this be great peace of mind financially? Give me all the pros and cons please. Also, some of dealers I have researched have NUMEROUS advisors (6+) how does one become productive if 7 other advisors are going after the same customer you are??

I have many more questions/concerns, but I feel this is a good start.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
You have to set urself apart, excellent follow up and customer service/appreciation go a LONG way. You'll be running the show in no time if u keep that up.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Do the service advisors work on commission? It certainly seems that way because of all the times they've tried to f*ck me over.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:21 PM

updates?

any updates on this topic? I have my phone interview tomorrow and would like to pick the recruiters brain.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Cool Commissions

Originally Posted by Chi500
Do the service advisors work on commission? It certainly seems that way because of all the times they've tried to f*ck me over.
Ha! It seems like it sometimes, doesn't it?

I think they MUST get something, over and above, their base salary. Call it a bonus, or call it commission, same thing.

Depending on the owner of the franchise, there is bound to be some "shady" advice being given at a few of these dealers to us consumers.

I certainly hope that MBUSA has an open mind when any of us call to report something suspicious.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Thumbs down Updates

Originally Posted by mercedesfan00
any updates on this topic? I have my phone interview tomorrow and would like to pick the recruiters brain.
Hmm, it doesn't look like it.

Luckily for us, there ARE several MB techs who volunteer their time with some technical advice!

Thanks to all of you,
M