Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

DC Creates New Management Model

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
DC Creates New Management Model

“The German BoM members currently based in Stuttgart-Moehringen will relocate in May 2006, along with their staffs, to Stuttgart-Untertuerkheim, and therefore closer to production.”

Leads me to believe DZ (Zetsche) wants closer interaction between management and engineering to stamp out the quality problems.

http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dccom...-0-0-0,00.html
Old 01-24-2006, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I am liking the changes we are seeing under Zetsche. Now lets just ramp up the relability issues, or in my case, lack thereof and build some products that set the new benchmark in design, effieciency, technological advance, and reliability.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
In unusually blunt lanaguage for a corporate chieftain, DZ said "This is the kind of culture we want to have - no bull, no politics, just working together to improve this company as fast as we can." He has vowed to make the company into a leaner, nimbler organization that pays closer attention to its core business of making and selling cars following a period of global expansion and megamergers under Shemp, i mean Schrempp.

Last edited by konigstiger; 07-01-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:25 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read the Press Release at the link. Sounds good; and sounds like we may see good things happen for Chrysler too.