Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MBCC Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBCC Problems

A few words about MBCC. I have two leases through them and they have overbilled me $5000 on one of them. Customer service is useless, they say they'll "look into it" and then never call back or return messages. I'm still waiting for a call to be returned "after lunch", this woman's been eating lunch for three months! Several voice mails to her extension with no response.
I'm getting the impression that they hire migrant day laborers to man the phones, since they all drop out of site after one conversation. You get their extension, call back, and get their voice mail that's apparently never checked.
Worse yet, they make things up when asked what the extra charges are for (they put them in the total without itemizing in the statement). They've told me on separate occaisions that it was property tax (the tax collector said they hadn't billed any property tax on the vehicle), or a sales tax that had previously been capitalized into the lease but was being billed as a lump sum since I switched states (not disclosed in the cap cost-a crime under state law, no sales tax applicable when vehicle leaves state according to Department of Revenue Services). I would avoid any dealing with these con artists if I were in the market for a car.
Old 12-14-2001, 08:47 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you try talking to the general mgr or the person in charge of credit??
Old 12-14-2001, 09:17 PM

I did speak to a "higher up" once. She's the one who gave me three different explanations for the charges in the same conversation. She said she had one other issue to deal with (perhaps retirement) before she could devote her full attention to my case. This was 6 weeks and two voice mails ago. I did get her to agree that $2500 was a duplicate of NY sales tax due when I moved to that state. They billed it as a lump sum and then also added into my cap cost raising my monthly lease payment. I was told it would be removed. Two statements have come, and it's still there in the balance. What I suspect happened in the first place is that when they capitalized that $2500 into the lease (I have the extension of the person who did it, won't answer voicemails), they added $2500 to the balance rather than subtracting it and don't have a record that they can figure out, explaining the need to make stuff up when I call.
I have since sent a letter to MBCC detailing my grievances and the names and extensions of those involved and threatening to cancel the lease in its entirety under Texas uniform commercial code which allows me to do so if they repudiate the lease terms (attempt to collect charges far in excess of those detailed in the lease agreement). They've had the letter for three weeks and I'm waiting for a response, I'll update when available. I have $110,000 worth of their vehicles in my possession, so I hope they'll take an interest in the matter.
I've seen similar complaints in other forums, also.
Old 12-16-2001, 06:41 AM

2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
MBCC = Chrystler Credit
Old 12-16-2001, 06:32 PM

2004 SLK 32 AMG, 2002 E320, 2002 ML320, 1986 Porsche 944
Holy smokes! That sounds bad. I hope you get your problem resolved soon!