Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Newbie Question any replies appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Newbie Question any replies appreciated

I'm a newbie so bear with me. I have searched the forums and read about the subject I am about to discuss but would like to see if I could garner some more opinions.

I want to take a job with mercedes benz in the sales aspect. I am fully aware that a majority of my pay is through commission. I am just curious as to what someone who is just starting out could make say in the Los Angeles areas, Seattle, or in Florida. (I'm not asking for exact just a round figure). Also if there is any kind of base at all or benefits.

Also I am to understand that Mercedes wants you to attend their elite sales program for three weeks in California. I am just wondering if this really is necessary to gain employment with a dealer that is an authorized Mercedes dealership.

I am just wondering about all this because I would have to relocate to even try to work for them so I just want to be sure about everything. This will be my first job out of college so I want to start out right. (I have a Communications and Marketing degree for those who are curious)

Thank you for your time and patience.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Hi ODIE_181,
I have been in sales since graduating from college, but have never sold cars. However, if I ever decided to give this type of marketing a try, I would DEFINATELY want to sell Mercedes-Benz.

I know a couple of these salespeople (West Virginia and Kentucky) well enough to ask them for the "nitty gritty" if you know what I mean. If no one else answers you, I'll ask at least one of them and let you know.

Good Luck,
Musikmann