Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

European Delivery Pickup Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European Delivery Pickup Question...

I am picking up a CLK350 convt. in a couple weeks. How long does the actual pickup process take? I am expecting to show up early in the morning but am trying to plan whether I should stay another night in Stuttgart or go ahead and drive the same day to Lucerne (Switzerland).

Second question, the car has navigation. Will it have the European CD/DVD when I pick it up or just the US maps?

Thanks

Mark

Last edited by radelow; 04-29-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:52 PM

'87 W124, '95 R129, '04 G35
The pick up process should about an hour as they will explain to you the drop off process as well, however, you may want to have breakfast at the cafeteria if you get there early.

I think you can request European CD while you are in country, and exchange out for the U.S. map when you drop the car off. You need to ask them when pick up the car. Have fun!!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:07 PM

'08 Audi R8, '09 SL63, '10 GLK, '10 ML550
I was there in February for a European Delivery of an SL. I arrived at 10:00 a.m., went to the 11:30 english-speaking factory tour (a must see!), and they scheduled for me to "meet" my car at 2:00 p.m. When you get there, they'll make an appointment for you to get your car. They only do it by appointments. There are lots of people picking up cars in the showroom. THAT is even fun to watch. One MB after another is pulled out into the showroom ALL DAY long! It is fun to see all the models and colors.

So, after the 1-1/2 factory tour, we had lunch in the cafeteria and then it was time for me to take delivery of my car at 2:00 p.m. The actual delivery process with the MB technician took one hour. So, I got there at 10:00 a.m. and I was done around 3:00 p.m. You won't need to stay in Stuttgart an extra night.

They'll loan you a Euro NAV DVD (I think you have to leave a credit card imprint). The weather was too bad in February for me to take a vacation with my SL, so I took my car on the autobahn for awhile and then dropped it off at the shipping agent about 4:00 p.m. Then we were off to Castle Neuschweinstein in a rental car. I rented a MB with snow tires instead of using my SL and used the MB navigation EVERYWHERE! IT was in english and fantastic!

One recommendation; when you take delivery of your car at the MB delivery center, take the instructions manuals out of your car and take them home with you. It gives you something fun to read while you wait for your car to be shipped home. Have fun!

Old 05-18-2006, 04:23 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Not all Nav systems are the same

Somewhere I believe I read that the Nav system on the US spec CLK and possibly C Class is unique and that you cannot get the European English language Nav DVD that Mercedes offers at the European Delivery Center for the CLK and C Class as you can for other models. It's worth checking for sure. We were provided the free loaner Nav dvd's for an SL (cd at the time), an E Class and two SLK's picked up on European Delivery in the past few years. It was a primary reason for ordering Nav even though we didn't need to use it after getting back to the US.

Last edited by northbenz; 05-18-2006 at 04:26 AM.