Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Help me convince my parents to let me buy a Mercedes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by ml430_owner_315
i bought my 16 yr old a 2005 ml350 inspiration edition last year and he broke it being stupid 8 days later ...anyway the dealers estimate of the damage was 17grand.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Infiniti G20tA
i bought my 16 yr old a 2005 ml350 inspiration edition last year and he broke it being stupid 8 days later racing a chevy tahoe and he said the engine just shut off on him... at least he was truthfull with me about the racing though...anyway the dealers estimate of the damage was 17grand so i paid it and sold it to a friend of mine because i thought that he couldnt be trusted with such a nice car and so i told him that i would buy him another car only because he was so truthfull with me... after a lot of looking i ended up buying him a c230 coupe since it was inexpensive and he wouldnt get made fun of because his friends all have decent cars. i think your parents should let you get it since it is your money but you better have some extra cash because the maitnance isnt cheap on a mercedes.
Is routine maintenance really any more expensive than it is on an Infiniti? I don't see why brakes or an oil change would be that different from car to car. Repairs are expensive, but I can get a warranty through the dealership I work for at a discount that covers bumper to bumper.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Dad:Range Rover,Toyota Supra;Mom:C32,2006 Lexus GX
well i dont know about infinitys because i am more a mercedes and bmw guy but i would imagine that it is not that big of a change but just dont be stupid with it...and you want a sport... my kid was in an suv and even got in trouble with it!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Almost a Member!

1995 Infiniti G20tA
well i dont know about infinitys because i am more a mercedes and bmw guy but i would imagine that it is not that big of a change but just dont be stupid with it...and you want a sport... my kid was in an suv and even got in trouble with it!
Yeah I'm not looking to do anything insane with it, I want the sport package more for the handling upgrades and better looking wheels it includes.