Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Extended Warranty Transfer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
Mercedes Extended Warranty Transfer

How many times can a Mercedes Extended Warranty be transferred? I purchased a 2001 with an extended warranty that was transferred once from the original owner and one more time to me. The dealership was unsure if it could be transfered more than once.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 07-02-2006, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Lightbulb MB extended warranty transfer(s)

Originally Posted by Steve 90TTZ
How many times can a Mercedes Extended Warranty be transferred? I purchased a 2001 with an extended warranty that was transferred once from the original owner and one more time to me. The dealership was unsure if it could be transfered more than once.

Thanks,
Steve
You weren't specific as to which extended warranty you are were asking about. Is it one bought by the 1st owner, or like mine, a paid-for extension of the certified pre-owned one?

I don't know the answer to this, sorry. All I know is what the dealership told me when I bought my CPO: that is is NOT refundable, but that it can be transferred. How many times is not a question I thought to ask.

Logically though, I think it would not be a good idea from M-B's perspective to allow for multiple transfers.

IF:
-the vehicle qualifies as a CPO
-has been sold/traded to a dealership
-goes through the multi-step inspection process

THEN: it should then be given the same 12 months/100,000 miles that they give to any qualified CPO auto.