Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

"speed bumps" for driveway?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 175 Likes on 145 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
"speed bumps" for driveway?

Hey, I just had my driveway area redone, so the parking area is now surrounded by a retaining wall of very large boulders (it used to be ugly railroad ties). My very pretty blonde wife has backed her w202 into the boulders numerous times, creating nasty road rash on her bumper. What's worse is she took my w203 one day, and nailed that pretty good too (did I mention she's pretty?). Does anyone know of a bump I can install onto the asphalt, about 3 feet from the wall, that will serve as a "that's good right there, sweetie" nudge; something that's just black and not too ugly?
Old 09-14-2006, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Originally Posted by eddieo45
Hey, I just had my driveway area redone, so the parking area is now surrounded by a retaining wall of very large boulders (it used to be ugly railroad ties). My very pretty blonde wife has backed her w202 into the boulders numerous times, creating nasty road rash on her bumper. What's worse is she took my w203 one day, and nailed that pretty good too (did I mention she's pretty?). Does anyone know of a bump I can install onto the asphalt, about 3 feet from the wall, that will serve as a "that's good right there, sweetie" nudge; something that's just black and not too ugly?
They make long humps of rubber that you could possible use outside if you dont mind the look, but what I am thinking of is for use inside the garage only. If you really wanted you could get concrete epoxy and get small rubber cylinders that are about 1 inch in diameter and about an inch tall and epoxy them down. (you could also use the epoxy to glue the rubber humps down outside if you dont mind the look, just go to home depot near the paint section and tell them what you want to do and they can point you to the right glue/epoxy product you will need) The rubber cylinders I am thinking will be near the doors that you would use as a door stop.. My advice is go to home depot and find a worker that is bored they can come up with some good ideas lol