Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Can someone please run this VIN number, coming out of HongKong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 / E280
Can someone please run this VIN number, coming out of HongKong

Sorry to bother you but being new here I need somehelp in checking a car a dealer here in Singapore says is being shipped down from Mercedes HongKong China. I just wanted to check the options the car has installed from the facotry as opposed to what the dealer is telling me it has. The car will not be in to Singapore until another 2 weeks and I wanted to get some prelimenary information about it, the VIN is WDB2110542A863094 Any help in this would be appreciated.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:15 PM

vin info

Please let me know any general info you get. Mom buying a car in Seoul, S. Korea and would welcome any info i can get on how to get info????

Greg,...thanks
Old 10-26-2006, 03:23 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
a car that confirms all your prejudices
This might be too late...

One company has a monopoly on MB sales here - Zung Fu Motors (www.zungfu.com). So if it wasn't a grey import into Hong Kong, it'll be a Zung Fu car. Try calling customer relations on +852 2895 7300 - they should have a record of the car and what options it has.

You drive on the left in Indonesia, don't you? If you do, it'll be a Hong Kong car you're looking at; if not, it'll be a Mainland China one.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:42 AM

W211 / E280
Originally Posted by hkmb
This might be too late...

One company has a monopoly on MB sales here - Zung Fu Motors (www.zungfu.com). So if it wasn't a grey import into Hong Kong, it'll be a Zung Fu car. Try calling customer relations on +852 2895 7300 - they should have a record of the car and what options it has.

You drive on the left in Indonesia, don't you? If you do, it'll be a Hong Kong car you're looking at; if not, it'll be a Mainland China one.
I ended up not buying the car above, bought another one here and I can have most VIN numbers checked with my contact here (not MB Indonesia), he has a direct link to MB Germany and can check the VINs to their mainframe.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:55 PM

W140
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Any help in this would be appreciated
I tried, but...

Datacard for VIN WDB2110542A863094 is not found
1) VIN was misspelled in the request form;
2) VIN was erroneously read from vehicle body or documents;
3) VIN is not of an original vehicle and was forged by criminals;
4) The vehicle was produced in late 2005 or 2006, and is not included yet in our database