Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Lease end question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 12:58 PM
A C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E350
Lease end question.

Posting this in the general forum because there aren't a lot of views in the leasing section.

Does MB negotiate the lease end value of their leases when you are about to turn the car in?

I've leased 4 cars, none through MB and 2 of the banks were interested in negotiating with me to keep the car at the end, the rest were not.

I'm planning on leasing one soon and was curious if any of you have experience with MB on this. The MB residuals on the sedans are very high for 2 years - 72% w/10k. This translates into $42k at the end - if the car is worth $37k at the end will MB sell it to me for that amount rather than CPO it or auction?

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by A C
Posting this in the general forum because there aren't a lot of views in the leasing section.

Does MB negotiate the lease end value of their leases when you are about to turn the car in?

I've leased 4 cars, none through MB and 2 of the banks were interested in negotiating with me to keep the car at the end, the rest were not.

I'm planning on leasing one soon and was curious if any of you have experience with MB on this. The MB residuals on the sedans are very high for 2 years - 72% w/10k. This translates into $42k at the end - if the car is worth $37k at the end will MB sell it to me for that amount rather than CPO it or auction?

Thanks.
I have leased 5 cars thru MBCC. On some they tried to negotiate the sale to me which I have never taken them up on. On others they were firm. Depends on their situation and the market at the time.