Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Trying to time my last FSS under MB coverage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C320 pewter/charcoal
Trying to time my last FSS under MB coverage

Ok, I've been doing my oil changes pretty much when the FSS indicator has told me to (typically within 100 miles or so to go, only once went beyond). In the past the intervals have been 13,000. My last service however the FSS had said the interval was now 10,000 for the next change (my car is right around 35,000 miles with FSS saying about 8500 miles remaining currently). The next change still falls under free MB coverage (believe cutoff is 50,000 miles), but if the next FSS indicator is another 10,000, I think I might try to get 2 changes in. So my question is, do you think the intervals from now on are 10,000 b/c it recognizes its an older car/higher mileage? And what is the earliest you can bring in the car and the dealer still would accept it (i.e. is 2000 miles to go a bit much?, which is what I'd have to do to try and sneak in 2 more changes).

Thanks.

Last edited by XRAYVSN; 12-21-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I wanted to get my CLK's second service a year after the first one was done but the computer wasn't telling me it was time yet. My dealership tried to pull some crap saying its not going to be free unless the computer is saying its time. I made a stink and complained that a year is pleny long enough to wait. They gave in and gave me a free service. I'm gonna try the same thing sometime before April 2007 since it won't be free after that. The problem is I change my oil every 5K miles so I think it causes the computer to count down the "time till service miles" slower. So after a year the computer never tells me its time for service. Hope I can get one last freebie in before the warranty goes bye bye.