Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

ABC (Active Body Control)... Is it really THAT good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 E430 Sport
Question ABC (Active Body Control)... Is it really THAT good?

i have read nothing but RAVE reviews about the ABC system in the newest Mercedes'. I was just wondering if there is ultimate credibility in these reviews.

How can one convey the ride? And does it feel THAT much better than the "standard" suspension system of the other Mercedes cars?

dank
Old 12-26-2001, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
My CL has ABC. I have to tell you IT IS AS GOOD as everyone has said. The Ride is very nice. The ABC has 2 settings for comfort and sport. I always have mine in the sport mode. There is virtually NO body roll discernable with ABC in sport mode. It is simply amazing. The other nice feature is that there are a couple of height settings as well. At speeds, the ABC will lower the vehicle for better aerodynamics as well as fuel economy. There is a dash mounted button also to manually control ride height in a variety of positions.

Drop by your dealer and see if they have a ABC equipped S/CL class that they will let you take for a spin. Try it yourself.