Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Florida Drivers: Save our rights to radar detectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida Drivers: Save our rights to radar detectors

This is not a joke by any means... Florida is trying to pass a bill that will make radar detectors illegal. The following is a report from the associated press:

By Assoc. Press
WJHG-TV
Feb 27, 2007
Radar detectors would be prohibited in Florida under a bill filed by a Florida lawmaker and former sheriff.The proposal, introduced by state Senator Steve Oelrich, would make it illegal to use a radar detector.But the measure would make using one a secondary, non-criminal traffic violation. That means that law enforcement officers could not stop you just because you have a radar detector in your car.If an officer pulls you over for another traffic violation and they discover a radar detector, they can then issue you a ticket.The legislation has the support of the Florida Highway Patrol, which says radar detectors have no other purpose than to help speeders avoid traffic tickets.

This is a petition we created to try to prevent this from happening...
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/radardetectorsinfl

Protect our right to prevent speeding tickets... Please forward this to everyone you know
Old 03-02-2007, 02:06 PM

It's come to my attention that some folks are hesitant due to the fact that the site asks for donations. Please understand the you can skip this step... This is completely legit, and I'm not looking for anyones cash. Besides the fact that I wouldn't get the site would. I just want to protect my right to monitor those who are monitoring us.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:51 PM

Thats such bull****. If they pass this, so many people will have wasted 200-500 for detectors. I guess the STi driver detector is becoming a better choice.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by purplenurple
Thats such bull****. If they pass this, so many people will have wasted 200-500 for detectors. I guess the STi driver detector is becoming a better choice.
STi Driver Detector???

Never mind... Search is my friend google