Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

3-series convertible = gay???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by Ryanr317
Actually, if you're comfortable with your sexuality you shouldn't have to worry a car making you look like a homosexual. My $.02
Meh, I've had enough experience to be very secure... the problem is that apparently women have, in the past, been convinced that I am gay just because of my car... and that prevented me from hooking up with them, so that's not cool
Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Ryanr317
Actually, if you're comfortable with your sexuality you shouldn't have to worry a car making you look like a homosexual. My $.02
Try saying that when driving down the road in a saturn sky...
Old 04-06-2007, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Try saying that when driving down the road in a saturn sky...
I don't know, I saw a guy driving a new VW Beetle convertible. The gaydar was working overtime when I saw that. I don't know if it can get any worse than that.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
I don't know, I saw a guy driving a new VW Beetle convertible. The gaydar was working overtime when I saw that. I don't know if it can get any worse than that.
What color was it? Because I just saw one in baby blue... and it was a BIG guy
Old 04-06-2007, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
What color was it? Because I just saw one in baby blue... and it was a BIG guy
No, it was a lime green one.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:33 AM

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 20 JLU Rubicon
most of the 16 yo girls in Greenwich Ct ride around in new 3 series cabrios....

though, I could see myself in a charcoal gray / red leather M series cabrio... but then I wear clogs, drive a wagon, have dog, and am engaged!

gay... would be my vote! (and that only matters if you are trying to score chicks with your shiny new metal ***** extension.... and we can all relate to that!!)

Watch out for the E500 4matic wagon who will write about you in the kill section when he smokes ya!!
Old 04-07-2007, 11:54 AM

13 X3 28i M-Sport
Cool

Honestly... is this a joke thread? You say that sometimes the girls you want to sleep with assume you're gay because of your car... Who are these people? I wouldn't assume someone was gay based on their car unless of course he had a huge ***** strapped to the front and a bumper sticker saying pound me like prison.

Is there any conversation between you and these girls? That's where the gay assumptions should end. They assume you're gay until you step out and start talking to her with your eyes on her ****. They stop assuming your gay when you make a move and TRY to sleep with them, not talk about sex and the city, spa treatments and the oh-so-popular conversation of which brand douche is the best and does name-brand really make a difference??
Old 04-07-2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Moze
Is there any conversation between you and these girls? That's where the gay assumptions should end. They assume you're gay until you step out and start talking to her with your eyes on her ****. They stop assuming your gay when you make a move and TRY to sleep with them, not talk about sex and the city, spa treatments and the oh-so-popular conversation of which brand douche is the best and does name-brand really make a difference??
I actually took this girls out a few times and we saw quite a bit of each other... then one day I tried to kiss her and she jumped back and said "whoa, it's not like that." I was much later told by my friend that the reason she wouldn't date me was because she thought I was gay.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:07 AM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
Whoever thinks they know whether a person is gay or not by the type of car they drive is definitely gay.

How else would they know unless they are gay themselves? I guess we have a couple of fruitcakes right here in this thread.

Seriously some of you people here are boarderline retarded...........because someone drives a 3 series ragtop it makes them gay???
Old 04-10-2007, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by JLP
Whoever thinks they know whether a person is gay or not by the type of car they drive is definitely gay.

How else would they know unless they are gay themselves? I guess we have a couple of fruitcakes right here in this thread.

Seriously some of you people here are boarderline retarded...........because someone drives a 3 series ragtop it makes them gay???
You're missing the obvious here. While they're driving with the top down we can see they are wearing a flourscent pink shirt and a rainbow colored scarf.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
You're missing the obvious here. While they're driving with the top down we can see they are wearing a flourscent pink shirt and a rainbow colored scarf.

LOL.......ok then as long as you saw a rainbow scarf.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK500 rebadge to 320, C300 4matic, X5 4.8is
I think 335i convertible is very cool. Its def a nice car and I am considering buying one very soon. Hardtop roof and a four seater, atleast better than my CLK500. Color I am Considering is light green/red interior brings a sporty but also a classy look or the classic white/red interior
Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So, I'm considering picking up a little 330Ci convertible now that they are getting really cheap. However, I've been told that those cars are "questionable" if not outright gay. I'm really trying to get away from "gay" cars, since I just found out that my purple benz has convinced more than a handful of girls that I'm gay. Opinions?
I am truely fascinated by American men's obsession with proclaiming their heterosexuality. By itself this is amusing since those comfortable with themselves in either direction would not worry so much about convincing others. If you yourself have doubts, it often manifests itself in overcompensation.

Also, cars can say a lot about their owners, although I highly doubt that they reflect on their orientation. A great example is my brother, who still lives in Germany (where proclaiming your orientation is not an issue) and is certainly gay. That being said, his stable of cars (what you would claim to be "straight" cars) and/or his driving ability will bring anyone to their knees (no pun intended).

That being said, if you want to prove something with your car, race your challenger. Otherwise drive whatever makes you happiest and don't worry about what someone else thinks, especially when you're looking at them in the rear-view.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
I am truely fascinated by American men's obsession with proclaiming their heterosexuality. By itself this is amusing since those comfortable with themselves in either direction would not worry so much about convincing others. If you yourself have doubts, it often manifests itself in overcompensation.

Also, cars can say a lot about their owners, although I highly doubt that they reflect on their orientation. A great example is my brother, who still lives in Germany (where proclaiming your orientation is not an issue) and is certainly gay. That being said, his stable of cars (what you would claim to be "straight" cars) and/or his driving ability will bring anyone to their knees (no pun intended).

That being said, if you want to prove something with your car, race your challenger. Otherwise drive whatever makes you happiest and don't worry about what someone else thinks, especially when you're looking at them in the rear-view.
It's not a need to convince other people that I'm straight / proclaim my sexual orientation. I don't really care what most people think, but when girls that I would like to date with won't date with me because they think I'm gay, or I get hit on my gross old men while in my car, then it because a practical problem with real life consequences and a concern for me.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's not a need to convince other people that I'm straight / proclaim my sexual orientation. I don't really care what most people think, but when girls that I would like to date with won't date with me because they think I'm gay, or I get hit on my gross old men while in my car, then it because a practical problem with real life consequences and a concern for me.
LOL, if the girls care that much about your car and that little about you, then you don't want anything to do with them anyway. Why would a girl think you are gay just because of your car, she would have to pay very little attention to you and a lot to your car, besides being misguided. And as far as the old guys, take it as a compliment, lol.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
LOL, if the girls care that much about your car and that little about you, then you don't want anything to do with them anyway. Why would a girl think you are gay just because of your car, she would have to pay very little attention to you and a lot to your car, besides being misguided. And as far as the old guys, take it as a compliment, lol.
Well, you know how girls are... they talk and spread rumors like crazy. Once one or two of them decide that you're gay, they can convince the other's that it's true too. I'm sure the purple car wasn't the only "evidence" that was sighted (my sense of style used to be very metro), but it's still a major factor. Even my best friend's mum, who has known me since I was 6 years old, is convinced that I'm gay (not that I would want to bang her, but it just shows how people can misjudge me).
Old 04-11-2007, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's a tough situation you've got there. I would have to say the most un-gay cabrio is an SL. I don't know what price category you're looking at, but the 90-93 300SL came in 5-speed manual. I don't think you'll run into any problems driving a stick SL.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:23 AM

I think that the white/red combo is pretty nice too.... I just won't wear my clogs and the top down at the same time!

the reality is that if anyone is judging you because of the car you drive.. then they can f@*& OFF! (course, I still can't bring myself to take the "500" off of my W211s....I just don't want people to think that I am driving a mere "six" cylinder car!!)
Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 AM

Now I'm thinking about getting a desert silver CLK500 / black interior. Tint the windows and smoke the red part of the tails, throw some black rims on it...
Old 04-11-2007, 10:39 AM

dare I say that every secratary or executive assistant in Germany has one of those?? (Boxsters too!) .... OK... just kidding with you...

why don't you consider a nice used SL500 (or what ever current SL model it is).. just saw a nice one on Autotrader 04 for about $56K ... now that would be a man's car! you won't find many funny little colored flags on the back of SLs! The car will hold its value better than anything you are looking for.. throw a set of 07 AMG takeoffs on her.... and you will have the p*$$Y magnate machine for sure!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:41 AM

oops... just realized that you are looking for a 4 passenger...
I meant that the SLK is the German chick car... not the CLK.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by cyclrder
oops... just realized that you are looking for a 4 passenger...
I meant that the SLK is the German chick car... not the CLK.
Hahaha yeah, the only SLK I would consider is the SLK55... and that's def not in my pricerange. Also, 54k is pretty far out of my pricerange right now as well. I'm an unemployed college student at a school that costs $40k a year and I have no scholarships. I don't really have a whole lot of money for a new car.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Almost a Member!

If women think you're gay because your car is purple, and they are unwilling to see past anything else, then I suggest that you start seeking other women that have sufficient intellects. I'm not making any judgement here about your own sexuality, but if you have had a chance to talk to some of these girls and they still don't want to date you, then perhaps the problem isn't your car...

On the topic further. It's totally ridiculous to stereotype crud like this. The fact is there are gay men and women that drive all sorts of vehicles that do not conform to any of these afformentioned stereotypes. If I drive a '68 VW Bus does that automatically make me a druggie? No. There are plenty of gay men in the world and tons are in the closet because of the social stigma that obviously none of us are fighting to change.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 PM

Well I just got a 540i today. It's a BEAST!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Let's see those pics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3-series convertible = gay???