Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Financing problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 s500 sport
Financing problems

I am very skeptical of MBUSA dealership administration procedures.
I got this beatiful starmarked E class in September. Financed it through the dealer. Now it is almost a month and I still have not received any financing statement or where to send the payments. I called the dealer several times and I either get an answering machine or a runaruond. Acording to the contract first payment should be on Oct 5. I want to make a payment but it is impossible. I still have not receivied a title or a registration card either although they set me up with new plates. How long should all of this take? I used to drive classics and where I live they don't have titles but if it's a new car like E class shouldn't getting a title be quicker even if it's financed? Also if they were able to get me plates why didn't they give me registration card? I was happy that they got me the plates (for a fee) but I could've done it myself and feel better now. What is wrong with this picture?
Getting a little frustrated here.....
Old 10-04-2002, 04:14 PM

C240 2002
Re: Financing problems

Originally posted by 6.3
I am very skeptical of MBUSA dealership administration procedures.
I got this beatiful starmarked E class in September. Financed it through the dealer. Now it is almost a month and I still have not received any financing statement or where to send the payments. I called the dealer several times and I either get an answering machine or a runaruond. Acording to the contract first payment should be on Oct 5. I want to make a payment but it is impossible. I still have not receivied a title or a registration card either although they set me up with new plates. How long should all of this take? I used to drive classics and where I live they don't have titles but if it's a new car like E class shouldn't getting a title be quicker even if it's financed? Also if they were able to get me plates why didn't they give me registration card? I was happy that they got me the plates (for a fee) but I could've done it myself and feel better now. What is wrong with this picture?
Getting a little frustrated here.....
It must have been financed through Mercedes Finance or a local bank near your dealer. If Mercedes Financed it, call them and give them your information, tell them the story, and ask them how to make a payment. Call 1-800-FOR-MERC and ask for the Finance organization's number. If a local bank, but you don't know which one, pull a copy of your credit report -- maybe you could ask your bank to pull one for you -- and the organization that did a credit check should be revealed on the report. Call them, explain your story, and ask how you can make the payment. In either case, make the payment, quickly!

A pain in your rear end I know, but worth it not to destroy your credit rating.

Dick
Old 10-04-2002, 04:55 PM

2003 s500 sport
thanks I called MB already before I posted. I actually called Benz Credit Corp and they ran the VIN number and my social and did not find anything. Meanwhile I called the dealer again and I am going there tomorow to sort it out. I think they financed it through some other bank. I will post the results after it's done.
thanks for the advice.