Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Cancel extended warranty in MA? (urgent)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non-MB
Cancel extended warranty in MA? (urgent)

This is tight timing, so I apologize for the tone. You have no idea how appreciative I woudl be if anyone can help on the below. Thanks so much in advance!

I'm signing lease paperwork on a new car tonight and trading in my current MB. I live in Massachusetts. I have the extended warranty, and have heard it is cancelable for a refund in some states. Is this true in MA? I bought it in 2003 when I bought the car. It just kicked in this past February, so I have only "used" 2 months of 36.

- If this is true, how do I cancel it?
- How much will I get back? (34/36 of original price?)
- Do I need to leave extra time for this before signing the lease paperwork or signing-over the title on my trade-in? I assume I need to cancel it before transferring title, but am hopeful that I can sign the lease paperwork first. I will just be taking cash for the trade-in, so not part of lease per se.

Thanks so much!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non-MB
Have my answer

Got my answer, confirmed by two MB dealerships in MA. Apparently, MA is one of the few states where the warranty is *not* cancellable/refundable. Too bad. Thanks anyway if anyone opened the post!