Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Problem with Electronic Trunk Closer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500
Problem with Electronic Trunk Closer

I can open the trunk from the key and the drivers side door just fine. The trunk closes with the button on the trunk, but I can't close it manually. It's really stiff and when I do get it to slam, it doesn't stay shut. Anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK 63 AMG
Am I reading this wrong or are you stating you are physically pushing the trunk closed?

If that is the case it is not meant to be "pushed down" to be closed, that is what the buttons are for.

There should be two buttons in the the trunk area (one for closing & one for locking and closing). Also two buttons on the drivers door, one to close & one to open.

You should never physically push the trunk closed if it is truly an Electronic Trunk Closer (hense the name).

If there is another issue that I misinterpreted then please clarify.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:40 AM

2006 CLS500
I just figured that there would be a way to manually close the trunk incase the electric system fails or the trunk closer itselfs breaks. Does this mean that if my trunk closer breaks/fails, I'll have to drive around with an open trunk???
Old 05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK 63 AMG
I think in that case, if the electronic system broke, indeed close it manually. Not that it is good to do that but in order to get it to the service dept and fix it you would probably want to force it closed so you are not driving with an open trunk.

Lets just hope you (or I) don't have to deal with that situation. I am hoping to get through the first year (half way there) problem free, so far so good!