Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Rant (long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alabaster White C230K Grey Int. and 2003 C32 pewter/charcoal gray
Rant (long)

thanks for opening my rant. Im an owner of two MB cars a C230K and a C32. I live in Las Vegas. And lke most of you probably know, we only have 1 dealer here in Las Vegas. Ive posted some questions here evertime I have poblems with my cars, and thanks for people who responded because they were very helpful. Board like help owners like me a lot, do you guys agree? Anyway today is the last day of my factory warranty for my C32. I took it to the dealer because last weekend we noticed that one of the keys wont move the seat back given the easy entry/exit (steerin wheel+seat) is selected. I searched the forums of multiple sites ad got a few responsefrom emebers too. i tried to synch the key and seats and so on. At dealer today the service adviser had told me that there is nothing wrog so i showed hi with bought keys what was the difference and he finaly took the car in. He said they will look at it. 5 pm; one hour before they close I asked him if I can pick up the car because I need to go to work. He said since it was the last day of my warranty they checked the car and found that my A/C condenser is bad and the seat module is bad so they have to replaced it. Unfortunately they still have to get the A/C condenser ordered. So i asked him can you provide me with a vehicle, he said no and he mentioned if I take my car out today, tomorrow it wont be covered by warranty if I bring it back (this is per Mercedes Policy). First of all I had a service A done a week ago at a dealer in San diego. I asked to them to checked everything including A/C and everything checked out fine and they replaced that seat module too. So now :

1. I dont know if the dealer here Fletcher las vegas is tying to scam Mercedes by saying my seat module is broke again to get a warranty repair charge.

2. A/C condenser is it really bad? or they are trying to scam Mercedes again since they know summer is here. I asked my friend who brought in his CLK 320 for servie the other, and he had told me they fixed his A/C condenser too.

3. Is that really Mercedes policy that since the problem wasnt fixed during the covered period, but it was reported and diagnosed during the coverage period. they will null and void everything and us owners have to pay to get it fixed?

4. Talking to owners in the waiting lounge for hours im gathering info that not a lot of mercedes owners here in las vegas are happy. One lady got charge $400+ for rental car because the service center did return the car on tim. She only used the car for a day, but the car wasnt returned for a whole week.

5.Im wonderig if somebody from corporate even listens or read our concerns? because this is ruining the Mercedes name. I think since the dealers are very copetitive in prices for new cars now, they are trying to make up the lost from sales to service by charging unecessary warranty repairs.

Thanks for reading.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
You're too paranoid Let them replace everything they recommend. The seat module is a known problem and maybe they're just being proactive. Maybe the same with the A/C module in your area. If they don't fix it during warranty but you took it in for a problem then they usually honor the repair after warranty.