Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Beginning of year, end of season drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55, Mini S
Beginning of year, end of season drive

Curses on you year-round good weather drivers in sunny CA and southern FL, AZ and other locals not facing two-three months of sloppy roads and then another three months of "road-hangover" where your car is pelted with all the left-over crap they dump on the road during the snow and ice.

Facing first snow/freezing rain of the season tomorrow or at the very latest Sunday, so I took the CLK55 out for a long drive to the "mountains" and back. A beautiful day to drive before I put it in the garage for the winter. 120 miles, averaged 59mph, several high speed moments although I think 115 was as fast as I went given my current driving record...oh well, bring on the slop.
Old 01-02-2002, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Yeah one has to admit living in a nicer climate area sure does allow us to exercise our beasts (My E55)
I dont think I would make it on the East Coast or other bad climate areas with an E55- I need to drive my car every single day and I need to be able to unleash its power. Luckily my drive to work and back in California does not involve a lot of traffic. If it did I would seriously consider the larger and more comfortable S Class.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:24 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad i live in CA..