Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

new car idea

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new car idea

I think there's a market for a vehicle no one (to my knowledge) has built yet.
Internally I see a high performance machine, like so many fine cars already on the roads, I could name several, lets say a Ferrari.
On the outside, we can begin with roughly the basic shape of sporty car, now take away the design limitations that result in low coefficient of drag, and the persistent pointy noses and rear foils and sloping horizontal lines and curves, and let the designers .....well, let them morf in something like a Hummer, no longer a delicate feminine car, instead a masculine agggresive somewhat rectangular car with sharp angles, a car you wouldnt worry about tapping other cars with, or deer, or guardrails, (well maybe not guardrails!) or whatever, a car that could protect itself well and give the driver a new multiplied feeling of power and protection that could only be found in the past by owning two very different vehicles.

If done right it would be far from a Hummer with performance parts, and far from a Ferrari with the body of a SUV. It would be a georgeous man's car that would break the mold.

So thats it in a nutshell, though not the entire vision.
I hope Mercedes Benz someday builds and sells such a car, but they better act fast before someone beats them to it!