Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Greetings from a Newbie!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C6 ZO6
Greetings from a Newbie!

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a fellow car enthusiast who's considering stepping over to the world of MB. My current weekend warrior ride is a C6 ZO6 and I'm very pleased with it however, I want to unload this and take advantage of some investment opportunities. So... I want to reduce some of the "toy" debt for the next 4 years and every little bit counts.

Anyway, I'm considering a few performance Coupes/sedans: 2003 - 2004 models: CLK55-AMG or CL-AMG.... AMG naturally for the performance aspect to stay consistent with my driving style. I'll admit... BMW M3 is in the running as well.

I'm single and still desire a coupe but with a back seat. Soooo.. with saying all of that, I decided to join the forum to learn as much as I can about MB AMG models so I can make the best decision, since I am buying used. I'm leaning more towards the '04 CLK55 AMG but want to learn about potential issues, the pros, cons, reaction to performance mods, is there a better year than the other, etc.

I've owned in the past: C5 ZO6, E36 BMW-M, 300Z-TT, C2-Cab, 635 CSi, 3000GT, GS400, X5, but never a MB. I think it's time....
Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Well you mention driving style but make no mention of preference between manual and auto transmissions - that should go some way towards helping you decide between an M3 and a CLK/CL.

If you are looking for "in general" members' views on cars, post this on the Off Topic forum - you'll get more responses and from a varied group of people.

If you are seriously considering the CLK55, post your questions in the CLK55 AMG forum and you'll get answers from current owners and enthusiasts.

The CL AMG is a classy and powerful Tourer, but may feel a bit large and heavy for you considering you prefer more nimble C6 Vettes and E36 M3s, etc. Couldn't hurt to test-drive it and see for yourself, though.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
If you want more power and don't mind the extra 2 doors, go for an E55.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUS
E55 is a good one, I like the style