Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

odd carfax reports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW X3
odd carfax reports

I'm looking at the carfax report for a 2006 SLK350. It shows an accident earlier this year, but no airbag deployment, etc. The bumpers don't look new on the vehicle either.

Some odd things I noticed are 1) the dealer's carfax from June does not show the accident, 2) a carfax from Sept. shows the accident, but the car as belonging to another dealership, and 3) my current Carfax (this week) shows the current dealership and accident. An "invoice" from the dealer shows that they've had a car with that VIN number for 131 days. There are no accident details, other than location. Apparently the state where this occured won't look up the accident based on the VIN either.

Anything sound fishy about this?

Last edited by rwfisher; 10-18-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK350
this dealer probally purchased it from the last dealer, was there a "dealer auction"? umm...........if it say accident, there was an accident. if its a real big concern, take a look at another vehicle. if you purchase something you that you thought was fishy in the first place, you're going to kick yourself later
Old 10-18-2007, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW X3
re: carfax

well, one dealer picked it up at auction. The sales rep said they may have swapped another dealer for the car.

C'est la vie. They're not willing to negotiate enough on the price, so I'll let it pass. Must be saving it for a favorite customer or something....